Sunday, August 10, 2008

Catching up... part 2

Well... to keep on with the story... a few days after the casting took place my aunt Cynthia called from Chicago, where she has reside for about 18 years now, and tells my grandma she and her family are coming to visit for a week in July (see it is a catch up...almost a month ago!) so... we are all super excited 'cause we haven't seen them for almost 5 years!

I guess she doesn't miss living in Guatemala after all... I don't blame her if I could live in the US... well, I am a patriotic and a family person so I guess that even if I lived in some other country I would come back to my country often.


So my aunt Cynthia, uncle John and my cousins Matthew (9) and Joshua (13) are coming, as usual my grandma complete freaks out getting her house ready for the arrival... as if they were royalty, my mom kind of freaked out too... she bought all the beds new quilts, courtains and all that bedroom stuff...there was a big sale at the time in this big department store so we were there like 3 or 4 times in a week!


So... it was the day of the arrival... unfortunatedly it was a tuesday.... which meant I had a anatomy lab the next day... I had been lazy the weekend before and had other homeworks so I had not read ANYTHING for that lab... and believe me.. it is not one of my favorite subjects...meaning... not very good grades :s

My mom insist I should go to pick them up in the airport... we all thought it was going to take about an hour or maybe two top... so... I was stupid and said yes.

Well my uncle was already waiting there and had an hour standing in front of the door when we arrived... as a nice coincidence the choir my sister and I belonged a few years ago was there waiting for an orchestra from who knows where... so we entertained ourselves talking to them and catching up for it had been years since the last time we saw them.


Well.... we kept waiting and waiting and waiting for almos FOUR HOURS there!!

I was really really close to shooting myself and finally they showed up thru the door... we went back to grandma's house and had a really late dinner of dry chicken and other stuff....overall it was good but I WAS GOING TO FAIL THE LAB THE NEXT MORNING.... what else could I do?

It was almost midnight by the time we got home and I had to read about 40 pages about the liver!!! not going to happen!!!

So I read what I could and still FAILED!! AARRGGGG!!!

I blame my mom and myself!!


I am trying my best honest to keep up with my schooling.... it is hard! What the hell was I thinking when I decided to study medicine? I really like it... but i think it would have been a lot easier if I had studied in law school!!! whatever... I am still doing my best and WILL BE A DOCTOR SOME DAY... or die in the attempt ha!


oh! and we had a blast with my aunt and her family... my cousins are older now and so we can interact a lot more than the last time we saw them... well Joshua is autistic so... he doesn't have much to say and I think you can't get really close... but... Matthew is hilarious!

They were here for a very short time so.. hopefully next time we will have a lot more fun... I wish I had gone to the same waterpark they went... but life is life...


my family says I am very alike to my aunt... have the same kind of character, attitude, etc. and my sister is like my mom... we are the only granddaughters, the rest are all boys! and I am the oldest and my aunt is also the oldest of her sibblings.
I don't think I look like her... but we do have a lot in common.

No comments: