Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swine Flu???

last weekend, I met with some friends from high school for a sleepover. I had a blast but was completely exhausted by the time my mom picked me up. After I ate some lunch my mom informed me my brother is sick with a bad cold and has been running a fever and shows signs of a developing cough, even feeling that bad he insists he has to go to the movies with his friends t0 watch the latest Harry Potter movie. (which in his opinion sucks... I haven't seen it so I can't say)

We picked him up from the movies and his cough is a lot worse and he is NOT feeling good. We got him some meds and went to bed... next day he has a very HIGH fever and all of the symptoms are still there plus a headache! Now, all of this is not any good since his school suspended classes for a week after they found out there was a kid infected with the A H1N1!!!
Next thing we know my mom is sick too.... headache, her throat hurting, cough, fever... she didn't let the cold to throw her in bed, but I can tell she is not feeling very good.

Then today, while my mom was taking me and my sister to university (my sister started just a couple of weeks ago and we are thrilled!) she complained of a bad headache! 3 hours later she called asking my mom to pick her up as soon as possible because she was feeling miserable with a headache. She vomited twice, fell asleep as soon as we got home and woke up with a fever. (yikes!)

Me?? So far so good. I don't have one sigle symptom as for right now... we'll see tomorrow morning.... I know I am going to get it... no matter how far away I stay from them or how many times I wash my hands.... (sigh)..... at least my lab is done already (and I think I did very good!)

My brother is feeling better though he feels a little weak and still has a cough. My sister... is in the living room chatting with her boyfriend.... typical Molly...
Everyone seems to have this kind of flu or knows someone who has it. I think it's a variation of the A H1N1 virus, equally infectious but not as strong as the actual virus is... I hope.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful!!! There is alot of swine flu where I live (maybe 50 cases) and I;m so paranoid! Better to be safe than sorry...have your Mom go to the doctor! Make sure you let us know how they are.