Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Feliz Cumpleaños Mamita!

It was my mommy's birthday yesterday. I so love my mom with all my heart, she is like the best mom in the world. She inspires me to be a better person every day and pretty much everything I know in life it's because she taught me. She has always been a stay-at-home-mom. So she has ALWAYS been there for us.
She is always there no matter if we did good or bad, she is always there cheering and clapping and just there to support us when you need it the most.
I remember back in high school, I had to do an essay for my literature class, it was about "My Hero", when I first heard about it, I thought " I guess I'll write about Mother Teresa or the Pope" but when I finally sat to write the paper I realized that they were good people, almost saints but who was my real hero the one I truly looked up to? And I could only think about my mom, and everything she has done for us and most important of all, how many things she has turned down for us. I so I wrote my essay about her. I was really inspired and wrote about 3 pages when it had to be 1 and a 1/2.
Like a week later the teacher was giving back the papers and I was waiting for mine, I was really proud of it, I think no one else picked the same theme. So the teacher calls my name and at the same time he called for everyone's attention and said: Most of you struggled with this essay, for the ones that have to repeat it, you may ask Eva to borrow her's, her essay is so good it could be publish in the newspaper!". I was shocked! I worked hard on mine but I never expected something like that!!! I will never forget that moment and the moment I gave the essay to my mom so she could read it and the red letters on it saying "Congratulations! This should be publish on the paper!"
I thank God everyday for having such a great mom and grandma. And all and all the family I have.

So yesterday, we had a small dinner at my grandma's (as usual) for my mom. We had some delicious Chuchitos con salsa y queso, cake and nachos. It was supposed to be like a small reunion but at the end there were cousins, uncles and aunts there. We had lots of fun.
There was no singing but we girls talked and gossiped for hours! She had lots of phone calls and was just happy.
My mom can't speak english YET, but still here it goes:
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MOMMY! YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND EVER! I PROMISE I WILL BE THERE FOR YOU AT ALL TIMES JUST LIKE YOU ARE THERE FOR ME ALWAYS.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: