Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Luces Campero

Well, again I'm way late on my posts, there is just so much to do these days... shopping, shopping, oh and more shopping. I think I haven't gained any extra pounds because of all the walking in the malls! We are almost done with presents, thank goodness, and we also bought a 20lb turkey for Christmas dinner, the thing is huge!
Holidays in Guate start with La Quema del Diablo, I didn't post anything because I was working and spent pretty much all day there, when my mom picked me up after work it was all over. Plus this year a youth organization started a program to recycle paper instead of burning, I really like this idea because the planet doesn't need thousands of people burning stuff right now and also because they were going to sell everything they gathered to a recycling company and use the money to buy food for families in need.

Well, on the 12th we had the infamous Luces Campero, it has been this way since I have memory. Family comes to my grandma's house, which is like having honor seats to watch the show. So many people comes to watch them that the traffic police has to close the streets, all for a half hour firework and music show.
Little Diego (almost 5yo) really enjoyed it this time, in the past he was too scared of all the noise and the exploitions. I have some video of the highlights of the show, you can hear him in the back squealing with joy haha. The show is called La Noche de los Deseos (the night of wishes) so he thought every firework was a chance for a wish, wanna know what he asked for? "MUCHO DINERO!" (LOTS OF MONEY!) haha he can crack us up. We had a great time.
Like many other countries, it has gotten cold here, very cold, it rained for a couple of days but we are having sunshine again which is great, otherwise all the fireworks joy at midnight would have been ruined!

Now, on to the video and pics! It's a bit long but it's worth it



p.s. This is post # 100! finally!!

Photobucket

No comments: