Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving day

To all my american friends reading this blog, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Guate but what better day to be thankful for friendship and all the blessings in our lives?! Of course we have to be thankful everyday.
Well, the days when we stuff ourselves with delicious food are coming so I'm just going to be patient... I already have a few more pounds on me so...

We had another earthquake today... God! It was soooo scary!! I know I always say that but this one was really terrible! My mom was so close to a panic attack, I was on the verge of tears and we were about to run down stairs and out of the building when it stopped.
According to the news it was 6 degrees in the Richter scale and happened in El Salvador, though we could feel it in many places here.
There were reports of material damages in houses and buildings but no one got hurt, thank goodness.

My grandma is back from her trip, she's very happy, had a great time and came back with lots of funny stories to tell, believe me they are all very special. It's great that she got to be with her brothers and sisters, she hardly ever sees them, specially sinces my great-grandma passed a couple of years ago. We've got to make this kind of reunions more often!


We got to skype with "sweetpea" (Angelina decided that is her new name) and her family. We got to meet her aunt and uncle, her grandma and our dear friend Joan were there too. Andrea and Angelina are so cute! Andrea showed us her pink skates and Angelina just wanted to sing the "monkey's song" and jump in her trampolin. Truly adorable.
I am thankful for Angelina, for her wonderful family, for getting to see her grow up and just know how loved she is and how happy she is with her family. We sure miss her a lot, and think about her everyday, but we know she is doing great. And that brings peace to our minds and hearts.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new nephew and I know how happy you are hearing from Angelina!

Beautiful decorations in Guatemala! How awesome they do fireworks too!