Monday, September 21, 2009

more pics & video!

I made this slide because it's easier to upload them and I also added a couple of videos from the independence parades we witnessed while we were in Flores, Petén.
Watching the parades brought so many memories to me, I used to be one of those children and young men and women, wearing my costume or uniform or holding the school flag or the guatemalan flag, well the videos in the slide were taken at night but there are also parades at noon, which are terrible for the kids, I remember losing my skin from the sun burns! ugh!
Anyway, it's amazing how much work and thought they put into the costumes and the dancing and acting shows they present at the park or wherever they end up.
Oh how I wanted to be in those little shows, or play something in the school band, but I was too shy and small to carry any instrument! lol!

Hope you like it, though I warn you it's a little long :s Sorry if there are some pics that I had already posted!



also, we've been having some hot weather lately along with some rain. I am actually glad the rain is coming back, since this has been the driest year from the last 30 years and is causing serious trouble with the harvest all over the country, and at the same time leaving whole families with literally nothing to eat, I hate to see children and parents pleading for food and help. Thank goodness this has brought generosity out of a lot of people both here in Guate and internationally. This independence day really showed how we want to make this a better country and that we are starting to show how much we all love Guate.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Danny and Brittney said...

Love the pics and video Eva. Look like you had a great time. Can't wait to see you...

Anonymous said...

Great Montage!!! I'm just catching up with all your posts! Looks like you had a great vacation!