Friday, September 11, 2009

RoadTrip!

Oh Yeah! we are going on a trip to our home town, well, my parents hometown. There is a big family reunion there and luckily we all have vacation, which is pretty rare. We leave today at noon and will be coming back probably on Monday.
We are going to Flores, Petén. A little island that has changed a lot from the time we used to live there and it's pretty nice and most important... it's HOT! I mean the weather is super hot there which is one of the reasons we left.
Anyway, we are determined to have fun and enjoy this few days together, on the road for 7 hours if we are lucky and don't have to stop many times on our way :s
I'm looking forward to see some old friends and family that we haven't seen in a while.
It's been a crazy week, my dad's bday last wednesday, aunt Sofi's bday on thursday and we are leaving today!
Promise to take a lot of pics to share with you when I come back! It truly is a beautiful place!



P.S. in other news I got my grades from the last exams.... I did Great! Oh my goodness I am proud of myself; I got my hands into a female corpse to check the reproductive organs; Independence day next tuesday, September 15th! Lots of parades and flags around. I love Guatemala!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Pam L said...

Happy Independence Day!!! I would love to be there to see the celebrations. Hope you have a great vacation and I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your exams!!!
Have fun on your trip!