Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Year Ago...

Around this time of the year...My mom and I headed to the Westin to place my beloved Angelina in her mom's arms.

I remember it just as if it was yesterday. My heart was in pieces, the day before I just couldn't stop crying! As I didn't want to scare the hell out of Angie I hid in my bathroom crying for a long time but then it was bedtime and as I always put her to bed she wanted me there, she wouldn't go to sleep with my mom. So I came out and I hated that she had to see me like that. Seriously I COULDN'T STOP CRYING!

Anyway, we had already planned to meet with my dear baby's mommy before the actual date of the pick up, so Angie would have more time to know her new family and it would not be so traumatic. Well, dr. montiel gave us a little extra help, and everything turned out to be not so much of a secret as it would have had to be. He actually advise the agency to do exactly what we had planned to do, because according to him, Angie didn't manage new experiences very well. He said she got stiff and cried a lot.
Well, the truth is Angelina is a very smart baby and every time she had a dr. appointment she knew she was going to get a shot or a not so pleasant time with him. In little words that man scared the Hell out of her every time! Of course she would react like that! + She only did that when she was around him and not with any other person.

At the end, everything went incredibly well and Angie bonded great with her mommy and there was not one tear in the first day, that day she came home with us, the next day was the hardest of all, she would have to stay with her mommy forever.
And guess what? She did GREAT! She didn't cry at all, stayed with her mommy and played with her in the pool and eat very well. My heart was hurting but I was so happy because now I knew for sure she was going to be ok.
Somehow my mom and I managed not to cry (too much) in this whole time. To me it was truly God's hand because we were devastated.

In the third day, I had to leave due to a field work in a remote village in Puerto Barrios, I know, that came in terrible timing and of course I didn't want to leave.
This is another reason I believe God was right with us, otherwise it would have been just way too much for me to handle. I still called the hotel room everyday to check on my sweet baby. And yes, I did cry in those times but anyway Angie wasn't looking at me. Every time she was calm and just being her perfect self and that made my family feel a lot better.

To this day, we miss her as if we had to say goodbye just yesterday. And we thank her mommy sooooo much for letting us have some updates and pictures. That is just priceless and it can fill our hearts with joy.
My mom and I are determined to get our visas somehow and visit her as soon as possible. We really want her to know how loved she was here and that in our hearts she is and will always be our beloved baby girl forever.

In this one we were waiting in that little living room in the lobby for her mommy and Marielena to show up. (Did you know the agency or maybe just Marielena doesn't allow the foster mother or foster families to be in this area? Man! You could get some very bad stares or words if you were there). Can you tell we have some very fake smiles?

This is my beautiful baby girl just before we left the house. We picked this dress for her on that special day. She looked so darn cute! The shoes stayed off until the last minute lol

p.s. it took me almost a week to be able to post this. At first the tears wouldn't let me and then it was hard to find time to sit and type and look up for the pictures :s

No comments: