Monday, March 16, 2009

Karaoke Contest!

So it all starts last week, last Monday to be exact, my mom and I were coming back from my grandma's house so I was changing the radio station and a karaoke contest came on but it was just finishing, as you might know I LOVE TO SING! My mom told me we should call and I said yes. On tuesday I did the call and sang... and a few minutes later I hear the radioman saying my name! I was the winner of the day!!
Men! I was so excited! you should have seen me jumping around in the living room LOL!
So I was supposed to go to the radio station for a live karaoke contest with all the winners from the rest of the days. And that was not it... there was going to be some special judges to pick out the week's winner... it was a national group (VERY FAMOUS IN GUATE AND MY FAVORITES!)... MALACATES TREBOL SHOP! OMG!!! I couldn't believe it!

On Friday, I dressed up nicely and though I was nervious I really wanted to win a new LG Karaoke system with 1800 songs!!!
So my mom and I were the first ones there. Then 3 other girls showed up, (I have to mention they were so young! it was a little bit embarrasing but I didn't care, they were very nice).
We had to sing 3 different songs each, Malacates was there (well only 2 of them because the rest of the guys were not in Guate... the singer was there and that was enough for me HA!), not many people in my family were listening but I was so happy and excited to be there, it was one of my dreams coming true.
And at the end.... I WON!!!! Jesus Christ I was sooo happy! I made my momma and my family proud and that felt so good!
Now ... on to the pics and video!!

this is me, when I found out I was the winner of the day! :)


these are the other contestants and the guitar man of Malacates Trebol Shop


My turn to sing!

I think my mom was even more excited to meet him than I was! LOL


And this is me! the proud winner with her favorite Guatemalan Band!
They are sooo nice! and Páez (the one in the stripes shirt, he's the singer) is sooo handsome :)



2 comments:

Pam L said...

Wow, Congratulations to you!!!
That is sooo cool!
And yes, the guy in the striped shirt is quite the cutie!

Lisa said...

Eva this is wonderful and I loved the photos and the video. What fun and you WON!!!!
Lisa and Ella